This is a blog for the curious. The ones who live to know more, and never stop questioning. There is just so much to investigate! Here we are to explore different themes within philosophy and the natural sciences – and not least in the crossover between these two. Although rooted in Denmark, this blog will be written in English, allowing for a wider range of readers.
- Philosophy of Science
- Artificial Life
- Cognitive Science
- Synthetic Biology
- Philosophy of the Medical Sciences
- Theories of Everything
- Theories of Theories
- Meaningful Descriptions
- Martial Arts
- Searching for Meaning
- Philosophy major Sif Schmidt Stewart-Ferrer (formerly Schmidt-Petersen) from Odense, Denmark.
- Studies at University of Southern Denmark.
- Likes to learn, think, and travel.
- Practices the martial arts Daito-ryu Aikijujutsu, Aikido and Ving Tsun (it’s both fun and develops bodily awareness).
- Finds that yoga & meditation courses are very relaxing and refreshing.
- Stayed one year in Japan 2003-04 as an exchange student in Osaka.
- Took part in the iGEM 2010 competion in Synthetic Biology (Team:Sdu-Denmark) (- a very cool contest with finals at MIT in Boston).
- Has had an inexplicable interest in mycology (the science of mushrooms) since childhood.
“My motivation to write is to become more organized about my ideas, and spell them out clear enough for others to understand and appreciate. I will thank you for any response you may have, critical or agreeing. This search for meaning and understanding the world, is something I believe to have in common with many of you, who will read this blog.
I can assure you that I will keep looking out!”